Meet Dr. Cornfield a Diplomate of the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Certified in Foot Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, and Staff Surgeon at William Beaumont Hospital, Troy.
The brief descriptions below are designed to familiarize you with Dr. Cornfield's training, professional credentials and work experience
Dr. Robert H. Cornfield, DABFAS, FACFAS Staff Physician and Surgeon Beaumont Hospitals-Troy
Dr. Cornfield has been in practice for 25 years. With diligence and the gift of his success as a podiatric physician, he was afforded the opportunity to work in private practice within the community and looks forward to many more years. Dr. Cornfield is on staff at William Beaumont Hospital in Troy as well as St. John Health System-Oakland.
Marital Status: Married 25 years, wife Lisa
Children: Nicholas (Lizeth),Mackenzie(Tucker), Mikayla(Richard), Alyxandra, Allyssa(Dwan), Arrianna
Grandchildren: Guillianna, Elijah, Graylon, Elena, Mia, Anthony, Janai and Sebastian
Dr. Cornfield is passionate about caring for his patients, and for his family. He will always welcome the opportunity to provide care for people and places the highest value upon the trust that is placed upon him.
- 1981-1983 Michigan State University
East Lansing , Michigan
- 1983-1985 Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Biology
- 1985-1989 Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
Cleveland , Ohio
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- 1989-1990 Michigan Board of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery – Approved Preceptorship Director- Steven H. Glickman, D.P.M. Residency Training Program Straith Memorial Hospital Southfield, MI
Board Certification: Diplomat, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Certified in Foot Surgery
Years in Practice: 25
- State Of Michigan
July 1990 Lic. # 5901001495
- State Of Florida
March 1991 Lic. # PO 0002181
- Staff Physician and Surgeon - William Beaumont Hospital- Troy
44201 Dequindre Road
Troy , Michigan 48098
- St. John Health System - Oakland
Madison Heights , Michigan 48071
Professional Organizations and Committees:
- American Podiatric Medical Association 1989-present
- Michigan Podiatric Medical Association
- Southeastern Division Member (1989-present)
- Southeastern Division Board Member (1992-2004)
- Southeastern Division President –Elect (1997-1998)
- Southeastern Division President (1998-1999)
- Southeastern Division Past President(1999-2000)
- M.P.M.A. Board Member – SE Division Representative 1998-2003
- M.P.M.A. PEER Review Committee Member 1998-2000
- M.P.M.A. Corporation Operations Committee Member 2000-2004
- American Diabetes Association 1991-present
- American Society of Podiatric Surgeons - Fellow, Founding Member (June 2009 to present)
- Infection Control Committee – Kern Hospital (1991-1993)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Associate (1997-2000)
- Fellow (2000-present)
- American Public Heath Association – member (1998-1999)
- Cornfield, R.H. “Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome”. British Journal of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery.
- Cornfield, R.H.,Glickman, S.H. “Surgical Reconstruction of a Congenital Foot Deformity:Hallux Varus with Brachymetatarsia of the First Metatarsal:. The Journal of Foot Surgery 29:499-403.1990.
- Cornfield, R.H., Glickman, Hanft, Jay, Feldman, Rock, Beaupied. “Brachymetatarsia”. Pediatric Foot and Ankle Surgery. W.B Saunders Company 1998.